House Video/Audio Services has received phone calls about the House Session web-cast on the Texas House of Representatives web site at www.house.state.tx.us/media and the "crackling" noises that can be heard on the audio. Our department is investigating the problem and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
After launching my own independent investigation, I have determined the "crackling" noises to have been caused by one or more of the following interferences:
* Mark Strama's well-earned ego
* Patrick Rose envying Mark Strama's well-earned ego
* Representative Elliott Naishtat's most recent haircut
* Chris Riley bicycling through the Extension
* The Ghost of Tom Craddick
* Karen Brooks' hangover
* An illegal immigrant trying to vote
* Republican lobbyists burning left over Benjamins
* Larry Joe Doherty counting CD10 votes by hand
* A medium-rare steak
As the investigation continues, it's expected that other sources may make themselves apparent.