- Weekend was busy, if you count lots of napping as "busy."
- Monday I woke up, got dressed, put my contacts in and fell to the ground. IS2 took me to the ER, where we were witness to the following:
- A woman holding her crotch saying "I think my water just broke!" then screaming and groaning and walked to the bathroom leaving a trail of blood and other fluids on the ground in front of IS2 and IS1. To which IS2 said "Good blogger material." And it was.
- A man asked to count to 10 counting to about 6 and then screaming in pain two sick bays away from me. Dislocated shoulders must be painful.
- A nurse asking the other nurse if she ever watched "UFC fights" on the weekends, causing IS2 and I to roll our eyes at the entire situation.
- The typical ER moment (I'm talking the TV show here) when the patient wakes up from passing out and opens their eyes and sees a bunch of light and peoples' faces peering over her, her name being repeatedly yelled. "Rachel, Rachel, you're hyperventilating, you need to breathe slower." Yep. Can cross that moment off my list.
- The wonderful effects of IV drugs versus IM drugs. No one will ever put a drug called "Torodol" in my arm ever, ever again.
- Got another MRI. Got the report from the MRI. "Persistent degenerative disc disease and central disc protrusion" and "right paracentral disc protrusion which has increased in size in comparision to previous examination now indenting the thecal sac and impinging the passing right L5 nerve root" are two of the more descriptive lines on the page.
- Got some good drugs. Vicodin, Flexeril and my new drug, Lyrica. Which basically is what I will take for the most part and back off the narcs for a while. Lyrica helps with nerve pain, seizures, and -- the most exciting to me -- generalized anxiety disorder!!! It's approved for use to help GAD in the UK, so I'm looking forward to my new self. Anxiety-be-gone. Just in the nick of time...should be plenty useful in the coming weeks, months. Maybe I can take the emo Dashboard Confessional song off my Myspace. Nah.